Life can sure bring you down and wear you out, regardless of your age. Demands from school or work, peer pressure, money matters, relationship conflicts, and health issues can all create a weariness in our bodies, spirits, and minds.
Current research confirms the connection between our mental and emotional condition and our physical health. Negative emotions such as unforgiveness, bitterness, and anger have been shown to have damaging consequences on our physical bodies. In the same way, long-term physical pain often causes emotional problems. As a chronic migraine sufferer for twenty years, I know how physical pain can affect your mental and emotional health. Over the years, I have tried everything from medication to natural remedies to relieve or even prevent my migraines. While some have been helpful and others not, I have learned through the process the importance of daily seeking inner strength and peace.
Are you feeling emotionally tired and worn out? Do you need a little inner strength and peace in your life? What if I told you that there is a source you can go to daily to renew your spirit, your mind, and your body? Would you be willing to try it? If so, then I encourage you to do what I do every morning. I spend about ten to twenty minutes reading the Bible and talking to God (aka praying). It’s really that simple, but like starting a new exercise routine, it will take consistently doing the same thing over time to really feel the results. In the meantime, here are some promises of renewal to hang on to.
- Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength… Isaiah 40:31
- Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me… Psalm 51:10
- Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind… Romans 12:2
- Be renewed in the spirit of your mind… Ephesians 4:23
- Though the outward man (my body) is perishing, yet the inward man (my spirit) is being renewed day by day… 2 Corinthians 4:16
- Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your sins, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagles… Psalm 103:2-5
The God of the Bible not only has the power but the desire to see you fully renewed in your spirit, your mind, and your body. All we have to do is reach out to Him through prayer and start learning how to align our life according to His Word. There will still be days of pain, disappointment, and loss in this physical body, but God has promised us a renewed inner spirit that will not only endure but thrive in this life. Reach out to Him today, the only true source of renewed strength, hope, and peace.
We have a podcast that really shows you the power of renewal, It is called, Renewed, Forever Young, Sid is a youthful 81 year old that shares his story of how God renewed his youth. Here is the link to take a listen https://thepromoter.org/podcasts/